My client is a leading provider of electrical products they install and commission these products throughout the UK in a range of industries including utilities and rail. They are now recruiting for a Field Service Support Engineer to cover the South including the M4 corridor. Working from home you will manage your own work schedule and provide both technical support and field service support to the customer base in the South. Please note you must be flexible in your approach to work as this position involves regular overnight stays during the working week at short notice.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from an (ex-military) background i.e. Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force (RAF), especially those with an electrical / electronics background.
- Liaison with customers on site; carry out installation, commissioning on a wide range of LV products.
- Meet daily customer support needs in order to drive customer satisfaction.
- Start-up and commission equipment, monitoring performance and diagnosing system problems both remotely and on site.
- Order and return parts, managing repair cycle time.
- Conduct demonstrations and provide product training to customers on site.
- Compile and submit technical reports and documentation on a timely basis.
- Review logs for open issues and prepare formal reports to customers as necessary.
- Assess product/equipment performance based on field data; recommend modifications or improvements.
- Participate in site surveys and site meetings.
- Travel within the UK, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the customers’ Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Must hold a qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering ideally to HNC minimum.
- Must possess a strong safety mind-set to assure the work completed reflects the technical requirements within industry safety standards.
- Confident with the ability to interact confidently with customers and be able to provide training on equipment and products.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to interface at all levels
- Flexible approach to work – willing to travel, stay away from home overnight and work unsocial hours when required.
- IT literate – Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel.
- Hold full clean driving licence.
- Experience within a field service engineering role.
- Experience within electrical utilities or rail industry
- Technical skills and knowledge of LV switchgear and automated power systems.
- Hold BS7671 17th Edition certification.
- Network Rail PTS certified
- Good project management skills and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to program devices via supplied instructions, cables and software
- £Competitive salary offered.
- Company car, mobile phone and laptop provided.
- 21 days plus 10 bank holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Full training on company products.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.