Our client based in Royston, Hertfordshire, is a leading manufacturer and provider of services within the UK; they have a wide customer base including major vehicle manufacturers, national power plants, breweries, research laboratories, local authorities and government establishments. They now have an immediate requirement for a Field Service Engineer to work from home and cover the Midlands and South East areas, as well as other customer sites nationwide. You will be required to visit customer’s sites to install equipment provided by the company.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force who has relevant electrical engineering experience with regards to installation work.
Please note that due to the nature of this role, candidates will be required to undertake extensive travel (nationwide) and overnight stays away from home. Candidates wishing to be considered for this role must have a flexible approach to travel.
- You will be required to provide an engineering service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- To conduct and portray themselves in a professional manner whilst on company business.
- Installing and servicing gas detection products.
- Delivering high quality results to our customers in a timely manner.
- Maintain contact with company to advise on progress.
- Maintain adequate levels of spares stocks.
- Establish and maintain good customer relationships.
- Keep company vehicle in clean condition.
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately.
- To keep secure and in good condition all Company equipment.
- Keep a clean and tidy appearance, especially on customer premises.
- Ensure that all requirements under Health & Safety legislation are actively adhered to.
- The successful candidate must have electrical experience and have worked within a similar position.
- 17th Edition qualified.
- Strong background in the installation of control systems including cabling, trunking, and control panels, conduit installation and maintenance of electronic/electro-mechanical equipment,
- Sound analytical skills and committed to delivering high quality results to our customers in a timely manner.
- Prepared to travel on a regular basis with a flexible approach to working hours.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Ability to work on initiative.
- Problem solver.
- Access Platform trained.
- £Negotiable Salary.
- Company vehicle, fuel allowance, laptop, mobile, travel expenses and accommodation provided.
- Mon – Fri 40 hours per week.
- 22 days holiday plus 8 stats (Rising with length of service).
- Opportunity to join a well established company.