Our clients based in Loughborough, Leicestershire operate a successful and busy food production facility; they now have an immediate requirement for two Electrical Shift Engineers.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army (REME), Royal Navy (Marine Engineer), or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has previously worked within a similar role.
Please note that this role consists of working a continental shift pattern (working 4 days on, 4 off, 4 nights on, 4 off), therefore candidates wishing to be considered for this role must have a flexible approach to working shifts.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will carry out routine maintenance and checks on all site machinery and equipment, as directed by the maintenance schedule, including mixers, baking systems, conveyors, packaging, bagging and cooling systems.
- Ensure servicing and maintenance cause as little disruption to production as possible.
- Ensure that all work is carried out safely and correctly with appropriate records being available for updating.
- Oversee any maintenance work carried out at the client’s site by authorised non-client personnel to do so.
- Control and record any site safety issues, reporting them to the relevant Departmental Heads.
- Liaise with the relevant parties to ensure that preventative maintenance is carried out in a safe and timely manner.
- Play an active role in any continuous improvement teams ensuring that technological advancement is embraced.
- Any reasonable duties as requested by your Supervisor / Manager.
- Identify and complete any training requirements.
- The successful candidate will hold a relevant qualification in Electrical Engineering (i.e. Apprenticeship, NVQ level, City & Guilds etc).
- It is essential for this role that you have a strong electrical engineering background with mechanical skills.
- Previous working background within the food / manufacturing industry would be advantageous.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety.
- IT Literate.
- Sound communicator.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible approach to working continental shifts.
- Provide own basic tools.
- Salary £31,000 (Rising to £32,000 upon successful completion of 3 month probation).
- Continental Shift Pattern (Days: 6am – 6pm / Nights 6pm - 6am).
- 20 days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Uniform, PPE provided.
- Pension Scheme.
- Training available.
- Opportunity to join a fast paced motivated environment.