My client is a leading provider of installation and maintenance services to their blue chip client base nationwide. Due to continued expansion they are now looking 2 x Field Service Engineers to join their team. The successful candidates will be based from home and will live in the West Sussex area; Gatwick, Crawley, Horsham and will cover the South East of the country carrying out maintenance and repairs to the company’s range of bespoke equipment. Full training will be provided to enable the successful applicants to execute the required work in a safe, efficient and confident manner. Candidates must be flexible in their approach to travel and overnight stays where necessary.
Although not essential, this position could be suited to candidates leaving the military i.e. Army (REME, Royal Engineer), Navy (Marine Engineer/Weapons Engineer) or RAF (Technician) with a strong electro-mechanical background.
- Carry out routine maintenance and service of a range of all contracted equipment on site.
- Working in confined spaces, electrical panels and roadways where necessary.
- Repairing or replacing defective equipment in a timely manner.
- Record all details of findings and compiling all reports as necessary
- Liaise with customers to help with any issues, or to provide further services.
- Communicate with team leaders, managers, workshop and office staff (when needed) to deal with day to day running of contracts or any problems that have occurred.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Proven electro-mechanical engineering background.
- Experience in the instrumentation or water industry a distinct advantage.
- Ability to fault find and read electrical wiring diagrams.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Sound communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Hold full clean driving licence.
- IT Literate.
- £Negotiable salary depending on experience.
- Salary review after successful completion of 3 month’s probationary period.
- Monday to Friday - 37¾ hours per week.
- Company vehicle (shared team vehicle).
- Tools, materials, work wear and PPE provided.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Company pension scheme.
- Life insurance.
- Full training on company products.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.