My client is a leading renewable energy company based in the UK. Due to continued expansion they now have a requirement for a Field Service Engineer to join their team. Based from home, the successful candidate will travel to sites in Selby and Leeds and will assist the Operating Projects Manager to ensure the efficient and profitable operation of energy supply contracts.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company. Although not essential, this could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) with a proven background in working with Caterpillar 3500 series Diesel Generators.
- Ensure all engines are serviced and maintained in line with the maintenance plan and with manufacturers’ recommendations and where appropriate, carry out those service and maintenance tasks.
- Respond to and diagnose all operational faults as agreed with the Operating Projects Manager.
- Ensure all maintenance records are kept in line with company requirements ensuring all legislative requirements are met.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are implemented to the required levels both by internal departments and third party contractors.
- Report relevant operational issues to the Operating Projects Manager.
- Ability to identify and suggest ideas for system improvement.
- Identify and meet the needs of all delegated customers such as National Grid and to offer support, advice and problem solve when required.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety legislative requirements on each site are adhered to and continuously improved, ensure that all Risk Assessments and Method Statements are in place and understood by all contractors where relevant; ensure that all COSHH assessments are understood and worked to by all contractors where relevant.
- Effectively represent the Company e.g. on site visits whilst meeting the needs of a business partner. Develop partner relationships through trust and performance.
- Adhere to company processes, procedures and accuracy of administration to achieve results for the team.
- Proven experience with Caterpillar 3500 series diesel generators up to 2MW.
- Engineering qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience and good working knowledge of HV systems.
- Proficiency in the automation of SCADA.
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety regulations.
- Experience in working effectively alongside a team of maintenance sub-contractors;
- IT literate - intermediate level in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent time-management whilst flexibly prioritising, planning and monitoring own activity, performance and progress.
- Innovative thinker able to look at different solutions to business and operational problems.
- Hold full driving licence.
- £Competitive annual salary.
- 40 hours per week.
- Company van, laptop and mobile phone for business purposes.
- 28 days holiday, with an additional one days’ holiday per year after two years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Employer contributory pension scheme 5%.
- Income protection, life assurance, cash option plan, private medical health cover on a single person basis
- Discretionary Annual Bonus.
- Optional salary sacrifice schemes: KiddiVouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme (eligible after successful completion of probationary period).
- Challenging and varied working environment.
- Opportunity to join a large and well established business.