My client based in Hatfield, Hertfordshire is a leading manufacturing company and now have an immediate requirement for a Mechanical Fitter / Installer to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a variety of installation work around the South East area including steel structure erection, pipework, pedestrian barriers, hand rails and some fabrication / welding in the workshop.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME), Royal Engineer, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has previously worked within a similar role i.e erecting steel structures, barriers and carried out some welding and fabrication work.
- You will be provided with a company van and be tasked daily from the office to carry out a variety of mechanically biased tasks on customer sites in the South East area.
- Carry out steel structure erections, pipework installation, hand rails, gates fabrication, pump station installations, pedestrian barriers.
- Ensure all work is carried out effectively and to specification in order to meet and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Lead the team and make decisions under pressure when required.
- Recommend any further improvements to the customer’s site and equipment in order to build on existing relationships.
- Report any defects in equipment and ensure any faults are rectified.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and job cards ensuring all detail is covered that is required.
- Carry out work in the workshop when necessary which involves welding and fabrication tasks.
- Respond to emergency call outs when needed on a rotational basis.
- Carry out overtime as and when required to cover busy periods.
- The successful candidate must have a proven working background within mechanical engineering and have experience of welding and fabrication.
- You must have extensive experience working within a similar environment in steel structures, pipework installation, hand rails, gates, barriers, pump station – pumps, valves etc.
- Ideally you will have some supervisory / leadership skills.
- Ability to work smart and use your own initiative.
- Full valid UK driving licence.
- Flexible in regards to travelling around the South East of England.
- Willing to work overtime when required.
- Although not essential a proven working background as a Royal Engineer, REME Engineer, Marine Engineer or similar are encouraged to apply.
- Circa £25,000 annual salary.
- Monday – Friday 7.30am – 4.30pm.
- 20 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Overtime rates apply and emergency call outs.
- Performance related bonus both company and employee.
- Expenses paid and company van provided for travelling around customer sites.
- Great variety of work and an opportunity for progression within a growing company.