My client is a leading global company within their industry; they provide turnkey solutions to their prestigious blue chip client base worldwide. They now have a requirement for a Field Service Engineer (Electrical/Electronics) to be based at their site in Stockport. Reporting to the Service Manager, the successful candidate will be required to travel extensively primarily within Europe, Middle East and Russia and carry out the commissioning, service and repair of the company’s bespoke products. Please note you must be flexible in your approach to work as this position involves regular overnight stays during the working week and extensive travel overseas.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from an (ex military) background i.e. Army (REME), Navy (Weapons) or Royal Air Force (RAF) (Electrical/Electronic Technician). The ability to speak a European (German, Spanish, Italian, French etc.) language would be highly desirable.
- Liaison with customers on site; carry out the commissioning, maintenance and repair of bespoke products and machinery.
- Identify faults and carry out repairs including; PCB’s, camera alignments.
- Use of testing equipment including oscilloscopes.
- Install new components to ensure that machinery is working as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Provide accurate service documentation for site visits.
- Visit customer sites to discuss the installation and operation of new equipment.
- Train customers and staff both in house and on site.
- Carry out customer sample testing and supply suitable reports.
- Provide frontline sales and technical support over the telephone to customers.
- Support the sales department by attending exhibitions.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Please note you must have a flexible approach to working and travelling overseas when required.
- Proven multi-skilled background with Electrical & Electronics skills are essential for this role.
- Hold a minimum of BTEC/NVQ in Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
- Strong technical background with strong fault finding skills.
- Fully conversant with the use of test equipment, including Oscilloscopes.
- Sound communicator with the ability to interface at all levels.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Flexible approach to work – willing to travel overseas when required.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Ability to speak a European (German, Spanish, Italian, French etc.) language would be highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics.
- Salary £Competitive.
- Fully expensed travel, meals and accommodation whilst travelling.
- Laptop, Mobile Phone, PPE, Tools provided.
- 25 days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Employer Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Full training on company products.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- Challenging and varied working environment with the opportunity to travel overseas.