Our client is a leading provider within their industry; they provide turnkey solutions to their prestigious blue chip client base nationwide. They now have a requirement for a Service Engineer to be based at their site in Hickstead. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be required to work within an established team of engineers servicing and repairing the company’s bespoke products. Please note you must be flexible in your approach to work as this position involves overnight stays during the working week and travel to client’s sites.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from an (ex military) background i.e. Army (REME), Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force (RAF).
- Liaison with customers on site; carry out the commissioning, maintenance and repair of bespoke products and machinery.
- Identify faults and carry out repairs as required.
- Use of testing equipment.
- Install new components to ensure that machinery is working as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Provide accurate service documentation for site visits.
- Visit customer sites to discuss the installation and operation of new equipment.
- Train customers and staff both in house and on site.
- Provide frontline sales and technical support over the telephone to customers.
- Support the sales department by attending site visits, exhibitions and demonstrations.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Please note you must have a flexible approach to working and travelling when required.
- Proven engineering background with either electrical or mechanical engineering skills are essential for this role.
- Hold a relevant qualification in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical background with strong hands-on fault finding skills.
- Previous working knowledge of equipment from the process and/or packaging industries would be desirable.
- Sound communicator with the ability to interface at all levels.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Flexible approach to work – willing to travel to client’s sites and spend nights away from home when required.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Salary £23,000 - £27,000 DOE.
- Mon – Thurs: 8am – 5pm, Fri: 8.30am – 1pm.
- Company Vehicle provided for company travel.
- 20 days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Full training on company products.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- Challenging and varied working environment.