My client based in Blackburn, Lancashire, operates a busy manufacturing facility. They now have a requirement for a mechanically biased Maintenance Engineer to work a permanent nightshift. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for attending machinery breakdowns and carrying out planned preventative maintenance tasks within the manufacturing plant to ensure that the production machinery is working both efficiently and effectively. You will be a 'hands-on' mechanically biased engineer with electrical skills and will be able to apply your previous engineering background and experience to achieve the very highest levels of maintenance.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Royal Navy, Army or Royal Air Force (RAF), with a proven mechanical engineering background and electrical skills.
- Ensure all production machinery/equipment is achieving maximum efficiency.
- Work with and maintain the documented PPM programme ensuring compliance and accurate completion of all relevant documentation.
- Understand the operation of the equipment used on site that they will be working on.
- Ensure specific understanding of the mechanical operation across the site, including servicing and maintenance of the site’s equipment in all areas (process and packing).
- Diagnose and correct faults.
- Service and maintain conveyor systems.
- Ensure on completion of maintenance tasks all relevant paperwork is completed to standard.
- Work on projects to improve quality standards and efficiencies.
- Responsible for Health & Safety of plant and equipment, work areas, environment and personnel in accordance with Company Policy.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- The successful candidate must have a strong mechanical engineering background with electrical skills.
- Hold a relevant mechanical engineering qualification.
- Understanding of HASAWA.
- Sound communicator with strong problem solving skills plus the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a fast paced environment.
- Logical thinker.
- Team player with the ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative.
- IT literate – computer based maintenance systems.
- £Competitive salary.
- Permanent Nightshift, 12 hour shifts 7pm – 7am, 2 week rotating shift pattern; Mon/Tue – in, Wed/Thurs/Fri – off, Sat/Sun – in, Mon/Tue – off, Wed/Thurs/Fri – in, Sat/Sun – off.
- Employer contributory pension, life assurance.
- 20 days holiday, rising by 1 per year to a maximum of 25 days, plus bank holidays.
- Opportunity to join a fast paced motivated environment.
- Work for an established and reputable company.