Our client is one of the UK's leading support services companies based at RAF Lyneham, Wiltshire. They deliver many key services including design, build, manage, operate and maintaining assets dealing with companies both in the UK and overseas, supplying customers in a wide variety of industry sectors including Defence, Marine, Naval, MoD, Nuclear, Communications, Energy and Transportation. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing excellent, customer focused library and information services.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has previously worked within a similar role.
- Ensure the general and technical library services are delivered in accordance with the contract and relevant MoD regulations.
- Responsible for the provision of professional best practice and leadership for library services as required.
- Strategic planning of library services through policy making and quality assurance including self-assessment reviews, quality improvement plans, statistics and audit reports.
- Responsible for the line management and performance of the library team including: appraisal, discipline and implementation of continual professional development opportunities.
- Market and promote library services to maximise their potential and increase their useage.
- Carry out tasks associated with the collection management of library materials which includes: identifying new stock, processing new acquisitions, cataloguing resources, amending military publications, updating and maintaining accurate records on the library management system and stock checking.
- Accountable for the control, monitoring and cost effective use of the commercial publication budget.
- The successful candidate must have a degree or postgraduate qualification or equivalent in Library & Information Management / Studies.
- Chartered librarian or willingness to work towards Chartership status.
- Experience of managing a library or learning resource centre.
- ICT literate with experience of managing library management systems and online resources.
- Team Player.
- Demonstrable organisation and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Salary up to £30,000 depending on experience.
- Monday - Friday.
- 25 Days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Company pension plus healthcare and other benefits to be discussed at interview stage.
- Opportunity to join an established and reputable company.
- Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.