Our client based in Henlow are a manufacturing company who provide specialist systems to their clients across the UK. They now have a requirement for a Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer to join their site. The successful candidate will provide engineering support to the site and all of its activities.
Please note that due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will be required to undertake a rotating shift pattern compromising of one week of early shifts (6am-2pm) then one week of late shifts (2pm-10pm) Monday to Friday. Candidates must therefore have a flexible approach to working shifts as well as a call-out rota (1 in 3).
Although it is not essential suitable candidates with a previous Armed Forces background i.e. Royal Navy (Marine Engineer) Royal Air Force (RAF) and Army (REME) and have a strong working background ideally within electrical engineering.
- Reporting to the Engineering/ Manager, the successful candidate will maintain and service all production machinery using a multi-skilled approach, in accordance with manufacturers OEM’S.
- Apply safe techniques of isolation using a “LOTO” procedures.
- Carry out installation and commissioning to electrical, pneumatic and mechanical equipment.
- Use fault finding technics on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Execute DPM/PPM systems.
- Carry out property / facility maintenance duties as required.
- Carry out routine statutory checks as required.
- Complete a breakdown/fault log on a daily basis.
- Liaise with the cell leaders on a daily basis providing engineering support.
- Liaise with contracted service providers when on site, sign on/off in line with the companies site visitor / “permit to work” procedures.
- Ensure TDI Monitoring system is operating correctly at all times.
- Monitor engineering stock usage, order spares as required to provide continuous production support.
- Participate in continuous improvement programmes.
- Adhere to all Health & Safety procedures as advised by the company.
- Complete additional skills training as required by the company.
- Provide out of hours “call-out” service.
- Carry out such other duties as the management team may reasonably require.
- The successful candidate will hold a strong engineering background, ideally electrically bias with mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of electrical/mechanical DPM/PPM procedures is essential.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems would be advantagous.
- Conversant with Health & Safety rules, regulations and best practices.
- Ability to prioritise workload and concisely record information.
- Own transport - due to client’s location.
- Hands on approach.
- IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Conversant with Electrical/ PLC control systems.
- Mon - Fri earlies 6am-2pm, lates 2pm-10pm.
- 24 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Pension Scheme.
- Training Provided.
- Onsite Parking.