Our client based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire is a long-established business in the supply of engineering solutions to a bespoke market found within various sectors including defence, oil and gas and renewable energy. They are now looking for a Technical Sales Engineer to join their busy team. Reporting to the Sales Director, you will also be expected to contribute to the daily tasks that influence the general efficiency of the company.
Although not essential, suitable candidates with a previous Armed Forces background i.e. Royal Air Force (Aircraft Technician), British Army (REME) or Royal Navy, particularly those from a Mechanical/Electrical Engineering background are encouraged to apply.
- Manage accounts in our client’s internal departments as well as providing sales support when needed in other areas.
- Liaise with all internal departments of the business as well as external customers and suppliers to follow contracts through from initial costing and tender phase through to final dispatch.
- Responsible for business development within the areas through growing the customer base as well as looking at new products, services and markets.
- In conjunction with the Senior Management team, formulate marketing plans that are integrated with the overall business strategies.
- Identification of new markets and opportunities for our client’s products and services.
- Arrange face to face visits and networking opportunities in line with the marketing plans.
- Engage with customers on contract negotiations.
- Receipt of enquiries and preparation of tenders.
- Processing of sales orders (supported by internal administration function).
- Preparation of data for monthly sales reports and sales budgets.
- Preparation of costings and price lists.
- Chairing contract review meetings.
- Use of MRP system to navigate BOM’s, routes, works orders, reports etc.
- Liaison with design department to produce most cost effective techno-commercial solution.
- Liaison with customer/internal production to manage individual contracts.
- Management of key accounts.
- The successful will ideally be qualified to ONC / HNC level in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous background within a fast paced engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Customer facing / business development knowledge would be advantageous.
- Self-motivated with a proactive attitude.
- Planning and prioritising activities.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Commercially astute.
- IT Literate.
- Prepared to travel within the UK on an occasional basis and overseas to visit existing and potential customers;
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Full driving license.
- £Negotiable Salary.
- Mon - Thurs 7.45am – 4:15pm, Fri 7.45am - 12.45pm.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Profit Related Bonus Scheme.
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays and factory shutdown periods).
- Share Save Scheme.
- Challenging and varied working environment.