Our client is a well-established company specialising in a wide variety of food products. They supply their products to the retail, industrial, food service and wholesale sectors. Due to continued expansion they are now looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer at their site in Eye, Suffolk. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planned preventative maintenance and repair of all plant and machinery on site.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has previously worked within a similar role in the food production or process industry.
- Carry out routine and Planned Preventative Maintenance on equipment and engineering services as directed by the Manufacturing Manager.
- Carry out repairs/adjustments as required during routine and Planned Preventative Maintenance and/or as directed by the Manufacturing Manager.
- Identify the cause of plant or equipment failure and carrying out remedial repair work in a safe, speedy and efficient fashion.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with health and safety guidelines, specifically ensuring that all services to plant and equipment is isolated prior to repair and lock off arrangements are used effectively as necessary.
- Carry out health and safety maintenance as directed by the Manufacturing Manager or in response to a request for remedial work from the Shift Manager.
- Source and negotiate appropriate short-term equipment supply, referring all purchase orders to the Manufacturing Manager for approval.
- Respond to corrective maintenance requests from Shift Production Managers.
- Advise Shift Production Managers and Supervisors on the best possible practices and operation of plant and equipment in order to maximise throughput of quality product.
- Assist Service Engineers, Subcontractors & Suppliers with servicing, repairing & installing plant & equipment as required.
- Operate as a proactive, flexible and co-operative member of the Engineering and Production teams.
- Attend meetings and training sessions/courses as required by the company.
- Advise the company about any modifications to plant, equipment or procedures that would improve product quality and/or throughput or reduce operating costs.
- Carry out other duties, principally as required by the Manufacturing Manager or the Site Manager.
- The successful candidate must have experience in a similar role.
- Hold City & Guilds or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- Ideally hold 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Problem solver.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible approach – willing to work as part of a callout rota during harvesting season.
- £33,508 annual salary.
- Monday – Friday – 8am – 4.30pm.
- Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Onsite parking.
- Free tea and coffee.