My client provides total facilities management solutions to a number of industry sectors within both the private and public sectors throughout the majority of the UK. They are now recruiting for a Handyperson at their client’s site in Bury St Edmunds. The successful candidate will carry out a variety of reactive and planned preventative maintenance tasks to the premises including both internally and externally. Candidates must be flexible and be prepared to be on call 1 week in every 3. Please note due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to undergo DBS checks.
This position presents itself as an exciting opportunity for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces (Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Navy), however, applications from all suitable candidates, ex-military or not, will be considered.
- Carry out other minor repairs such as plumbing, general carpentry, painting, re-glazing, unblocking sinks, changing locks, changing light bulbs, replacing tap washers, easing doors, to be undertaken without compromising
the health and safety of the post holder or others.
- Ensure that the grounds are kept free of litter and debris.
- Clean and remove debris from all surface drains, gullies, manholes and grease taps.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules and using a handheld PDA if required.
- Ensure at all times that work is carried out with full attention to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Pro-actively report any areas for repair as and when they are identified and/or notified.
- Where required, supervise and direct the work of specialist sub-contractors.
- Where required, be responsible for the completion and issue of Permit to Works.
- Complete time sheets and any other relevant forms in accordance with deadlines and guidance.
- Undertake stock taking and reporting as required and maintain accurate records of stock levels.
- Carry out minor administrative tasks.
- Consistently deliver demonstrable high-quality services to Service Users.
- Regular liaison with site occupiers/Service Users.
- Report any issue immediately that may affect the Service User/service of the site.
- Ensure set deadlines, response times etc. are achieved.
- Reporting of all incidents/accidents to the Line Manager.
- Be prepared to work as part of an on call rota, every 1 in 3 weeks.
- The candidate will ideally come from a plumbing background and will have proven maintenance experience.
- Ability to carry out general carpentry and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge and understanding of health & safety.
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment would be highly desirable.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a committed interest in customer service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A positive ‘can do’ approach.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Keen eye for detail along.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Flexible approach to work.
- IT Literate.
- £Competitive Salary.
- Callout Allowance.
- Company pension scheme.
- Overtime Payable.
- Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm.
- 20 days annual leave (plus 8 stats).
- Opportunity to join an established and reputable company.
- Challenging and varied day to day working environment.