Demob Job Reference: J3171
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Milton Keynes (Home Based)
Salary: £27,300 Basic + Overtime
Our client is a leading manufacturer of high performance printing machines, 3D Scanners, milling and engraving machines. They now have a requirement for a Field Service Engineer to join their existing team. Working from home, the successful candidate will travel to customer sites throughout the Milton Keynes areas including Luton, St Albans and Northern London. You will carry out daily servicing, maintenance, repair, installations and upgrades of company products. Please note due to the nature of the role candidates must be extremely flexible in their approach to the daily travel with occasional nights spent away from home.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from the armed forces .i.e. British Army (REME), Royal Navy or Royal Air Force. Candidates wishing to apply must hold a relevant Electrical/Electronic Engineering qualification and have basic mechanical skills.
- Liaise with customers on site regarding the work to be undertaken, referring to instructions on the worksheet.
- Carry out the Maintenance/Servicing/Repair/PPM/installation as per instructions, ensuring work is completed and the equipment is working efficiently.
- Report any additional defects found.
- Be the point of contact for dealer network in order to offer technical/engineering advice.
- Comfortable working towards defined Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Provide engineering dealers where required.
- Immediately report to the office regarding any defects or issues that are considered unsafe or dangerous.
- Accurately complete all service related reports and submit them to the office.
- Offer competent technical assistance when required.
- Ensure each repair is completed within the allocated time and budget allowed.
- When required, carry out fault diagnosis and accurately identify components which are faulty.
- Update the office after each customer visit is completed.
- Ensure the compliance of company procedures, such as Health and Safety; Environmental; Quality for all areas under your direct control.
- Housekeeping of all elements including premises, people, equipment and vehicles to the highest possible standard in order to portray a professional image.
- Display a proactive, can-do attitude within the organisation, with a culture of right first time and ownership of problems.
- The successful candidate will have a strong electrical/electronic engineering bias, hold a relevant electrical/electronic engineering qualification i.e. (City & Guilds C&G / NVQ Level 2/3) along with the ability to demonstrate basic mechanical skills.
- Experience within a service / maintenance role in a similar fast paced engineering environment.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical wiring drawings/diagrams.
- Familiar with PLC’s/control panels.
- Electrical bias with mechanical knowledge of drives, belts, motors, pulleys, relays, switches, control panels, solenoids, IT and software applications.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Electrical testing equipment.
- Proven knowledge of single phase 240v and three phase 440v electrics.
- Sound communication and customer relationship skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work using own initiative.
- IT Literate.
- Salary £27,300 Basic.
- Overtime available and travelling time paid extra.
- Mon - Fri 9am – 5pm.
- Company Pension scheme.
- Fully equipped company vehicle, laptop, mobile phone, uniform, tools and PPE provided.
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays.