My client is a leading provider of engineering solutions to a number of industries. Due to continued expansion they now have a requirement for a mechanically biased Field Service Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will travel to customer sites in the South East and will carry out the service, maintenance and repair of high speed rotating equipment and associated machinery. The successful candidate will ideally be located in the following locations: Reading, Wokingham, Camberley, Newbury, Maidenhead, Guildford or close surrounding areas. Candidates must be flexible in their approach to travel and overnight stays as although will be assigned a region, will also be expected to travel to other parts of the UK, Ireland and Offshore as and when required.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Navy (Marine Engineer), or Royal Air Force/RAF (Aircraft Engineering Technician) with a strong mechanical engineering background and experience of working with large rotating equipment.
- Liaison with customers on site; commissioning, routine maintenance and service of high speed rotating equipment and associated machinery supplied by the company.
- Identify mechanical/electrical faults and carry out repairs.
- Install new components to ensure that machinery is working as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Ensure all equipment used has the correct certification – lifting equipment, electrical equipment and tooling.
- Provide frontline technical support over the telephone to customers.
- Meeting KPIs for the service team in areas such as submission of job reports and timesheets, providing accurate service documentation for site visits.
- Work with the sales team on equipment audits on customer sites to generate new business.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Please note you must have a flexible approach to working and travelling around the South East as well as other areas in the United Kingdom and Ireland when required.
- Must have completed a Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or hold a relevant engineering qualification; City & Guilds, NVQ, BTEC.
- Proven technical mechanical engineering background with strong fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Flexible approach to work and travel.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- IT literate.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Electrical control experience, potentially gained within a production environment or similar field based role.
- Experience of working on generators, compressors, pumps or marine vessels.
- Salary up to £34,000 per annum.
- Callout/Shift/Travel Allowances paid (explained on application).
- Company car, mobile phone, laptop, fuel card, company expenses credit card.
- 33 days holiday, including Bank Holidays.
- Holiday buy and sell scheme.
- Bonus scheme, pension scheme, medical cash plan.
- Opportunity to join an established and reputable company.