Our client is a leading manufacturer of electrical equipment. They are now recruiting for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer/Team Leader at their site in Manchester. The successful candidate will organise the maintenance activities and maintenance team within the department and will provide hands-on electrical and mechanical support/project technical advice and support for the factory.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Royal Navy, Army, or Royal Air Force (RAF). Candidate wishing to apply must have a multi skilled engineering background with an electrical bias and relevant experience within a manufacturing/production environment.
- Conduct all activities within current H&S regulations, company policy and best practice.
- Exercise a duty of care to others and promote a positive approach towards workplace health and safety.
- Attend machine breakdowns in a timely manner, or organise another member of the Maintenance team to do so.
- Endeavour to effectively solve any problems and return the machine to production as soon as possible.
- Motivation, prioritisation and organising daily activities and Maintenance Schedules for Maintenance Team, (including the Factory labourer on maintenance days).
- Organise and carry out planned maintenance on plant and equipment. This may involve a full machinery strip down and will involve entering data into the PM software,
- Assess equipment and plan against obsolescence.
- Develop the computerised maintenance system with the Engineering team.
- Carry out the electrical maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities as reasonably practicable.
- Ensure that electrical compliance is adhered to for PAT, emergency lighting and periodic testing etc. against 17th Edition Regs.
- Strategise the improvement of controls systems to improve the reliability and maintainability of production equipment.
- Provide specification and technical support for projects.
- Installation of equipment arising from new projects.
- May be required to attend suppliers premises to assess new equipment, this may require occasional foreign travel for short periods.
- Carry out machine modifications, overhauls and new installations.
- Carry out mechanical tasks which will not exceed ability or training, or organise an alternate solution if required.
- Adhere to contractor on site, lock-off and hot works procedures.
- Use workshop tools and equipment as per manufacturer’s recommendations, H&S guidelines, company policy and training received.
- Keep the workshop tidy, clean and safe at all times.
- Ensure engineering stores are kept orderly, clean and ensure that minimum levels are maintained.
- Work closely with other trades and contractors to get the job done.
- Liaise with engineering colleagues and the production team to identify machine improvements and maintenance requirements.
- Advise as to the training requirements of the Maintenance Team.
- Attend training courses either on-site or at off-site training facilities.
- Hold a relevant electrical engineering qualification to minimum level 3/HNC/HND.
- Hold 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Understanding of the Machinery’s Directive.
- Proven experience within a supervisory role in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Strong technical background in machine maintenance.
- Confident, assertive and enthusiastic communicator.
- Good team player who can manage, motivate and influence team colleagues.
- IT literate.
- Salary Circa £30,000.
- Monday to Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm, Friday 7.30am – 12pm.
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Employer contributory pension.
- Bonus scheme – paid quarterly which is company discretionary.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.