Our client is a globally recognised trade association. Due to continued expansion they are now looking for a Training Officer to join their team at their site in Huntingdon. Reporting to the Training Manager the successful candidate will deliver high quality and globally recognised certificate and diploma training courses to member organisations throughout the UK and overseas. Please note you must be flexible in your approach to work as this position involves travel both in the UK and overseas.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from an (ex-military) background i.e. Royal Navy (Marine Engineer), Army (REME/Recovery Mechanic/Vehicle Mechanic) or Royal Air Force (RAF) career are encouraged to apply, especially those with mechanical engineering background with experience of lifting equipment, along with experience in a training/instructional capacity. You must hold some sort of training qualification i.e PTLLS, DTLLS or an assessor qualification.
- Delivery training courses to trade association members at the Huntingdon Training Centre as well as in the UK and overseas.
- Maintaining an environment conducive to learning within both a workshop and classroom environment.
- Understand member requirements and assist in the development and compilation of courses to meet objectives.
- Monitor all course material and content and provide feedback to ensure it remains relevant.
- Assessing methods of delivery of courses ensuring they are best tailored to the target audience.
- Coach and mentor course delegates in preparation for assessments.
- Organise and plan course preparation, set up and delivery.
- Providing written Post-Course reports and feedback.
- Assist with the development of new courses.
- Must be a qualified trainer or have proven demonstrable training experience.
- Strong practical experience and knowledge of lifting equipment.
- Proven mechanical engineering background with some understanding of Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electrical machines.
- Strong presentation skills and the confidence to deliver training to a small group within both a classroom and practical environment.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and encourage trainees.
- Prepared to work at height, in confined spaces, in remote areas in dirty environments or in buildings with difficult access.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills along with good report writing skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to job - ability to travel overseas at short notice.
- Team Leadership skills.
- IT literate.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- A thorough knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation specifically LOLER and PUWER is advantageous.
- Salary £Competitive.
- Company Vehicle.
- Laptop, Mobile Phone.
- Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare.
- 25 Days Annual Leave + 8 Statutory Holidays.
- The opportunity to represent a globally recognised and prestigious company.