Our client is a leading manufacturer of bespoke engineering equipment, supplying to the Oil and Gas, Food and Beverage and Chemical industries. Due to continued expansion they now have a requirement for a Field Service Engineer (Electrical/Electronics) to join their team. The successful candidate will be based from home and will cover Peterborough and surrounding areas and will carry out the commissioning, calibrations and repair of process automation equipment.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army (REME – Electronics Technician), Royal Navy (Marine Engineer/Weapons Engineer) or Royal Air Force/RAF (Avionics Technician/Aircraft Technician). It is envisaged that the ideal candidate will have a strong electronic/electrical experience and have worked with instrumentation previously.
- Carry out calibrations on customer sites to various instruments in accordance to ISO 17025 standard.
- Efficient and effective calibrations to both the client’s and third party instruments.
- Interface with customers by telephone, email, fax and letter providing pro-active customer care.
- Adhere to site safety rules, permit to work systems and carry out risk assessments.
- Work to local and industry procedures and to comply with industry codes of practice and the client’s Quality
- Take on a lead role when working on site with any sub-contractor employed by the client.
- Ensure your calibration tool kit is in good working order and within its calibration date.
- Responsible for ensuring the relevant parts of your tool kit is sent back to head office for recalibration in a
- Ensure that all PPE is corporate and fit for purpose.
- Lead a team of less experienced calibration technicians when required.
- Use the client’s reporting system efficiently and produce reports in a timely manner.
- Collection and logging of simple device information into the web-enabled asset management system.
- Carry out the assembly and fitting of equipment as required.
- Travel to customer sites and carry out assembly, installation of equipment when required.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- Ideally educated to ONC level or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Instrumentation and / or hold a time served Apprenticeship in an Electronic / Instrumentation discipline.
- Technical knowledge of process control and process industries.
- Health & Safety training.
- Leadership training in staff supervision.
- Experience and knowledge of process control; flows, pressure, temperature.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to interface at all levels.
- Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate a flexible ‘can do’ attitude, with drive and motivation.
- Flexible approach, willing to travel to customer sites when required.
- IT Literate: MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- Hold a full driving licence.
- Monday – Friday (40 Hours Per Week).
- Overtime available.
- Company Vehicle, Mobile Phone, Laptop, Test Equipment and Tools provided.
- Pension Scheme.
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (Rising to 29 days with length of service).
- Full product training provided.
- Opportunity to join an established and very reputable company.