Our client is one of the UK’s leading support services companies. They deliver many key services including training, design, build, manage, operate and maintaining assets. They deal with companies both in the UK and overseas, supplying customers in a wide variety of industry sectors including Defence, Marine, Naval, MoD, Nuclear, Communications, Energy and Transportation. They now have a requirement for a Continuous Improvement Manager to be based at HMNB Clyde for a fixed term contract. Candidates must be willing to undertake security clearance and satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the military i.e. Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF). Strong working background within Continuous Improvement, Lean / Change Management is essential for this role.
- Working within the Fleet Engineering team, the successful candidate will work within a matrix organisation, supporting the transition to a new operating model for delivering large engineering projects on board submarines based at HM Naval Base Clyde.
- Work closely with the Fleet Engineering management, non-industrial and industrial employees to implement new roles and responsibilities and lead the specification and development of process improvement projects, managing their implementation by assigning tasks and supervising progress to ensure objectives are met. The role will have particular focus within the nuclear repair section of the department.
- Lead activities to build employee engagement and motivation in order to achieve cultural and behavioural change within Fleet Engineering and embed culture change in terms of organisation and people needs to future proof the resource side of the department.
- Engage with various Stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered to safety, cost, time and quality requirements.
- Please note this role may involve occasional travel to sites elsewhere in the UK, in addition to core working hours, there may be a requirement to work unsociable hours, including weekends, in order to meet project requirements.
- Complete associated administrative duties.
- Ensure Company security, health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Strong track record in successfully implementing organisational re-structure and embedding new ways of working and cultural change.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Change Management and Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Previous knowledge within production management roles and proven track record of delivering transformation within an organisation.
- Effective communication skills and competence in stakeholder / relationship management.
- Prepared to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface at all levels.
- Knowledge of submarine primary plant or nuclear steam raising plant operation and maintenance would be advantageous.
Previous Supply Chain Management experience would also be desirable. Key areas of competency we require are as follows: Commercial awareness and experience of budgetary management and financial control.
- Circa £60,000 Salary Pro Rata.
- Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week.
- Pool Vehicle.
- Fixed Term Contract.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.