Our client is one of the UK’s leading support services companies. They deliver many key services including training, design, build, manage, operate and maintaining assets. They deal with companies both in the UK and overseas, supplying customers in a wide variety of industry sectors including Defence, Marine, Naval, MoD, Nuclear, Communications, Energy and Transportation. They now have a requirement for two Delivery Managers to join their Fleet Engineering team at HMNB Clyde. Candidates must be willing to undertake security clearance and satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the military i.e. Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF).
Please note that due to the nature of these roles, occasional travel to sites elsewhere in the UK will be required and in addition to core working hours, you will often work unsociable hours, including weekends, in order to meet project requirements.
- The successful candidate/s will work within a matrix organisation, leading and managing teams who are responsible for delivering large engineering projects on board submarines.
- Responsible for the execution of work by the Fleet Engineering team. Work with the Fleet Programmes team to define and schedule the work to be done, identifying and specifying internal manpower resource and additional support needed from sub-contractors and OEMs. Engage with MOD and Royal Navy stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered to safety, cost, time and quality requirements.
- Provide regular progress reporting to the project team and gather information for LFE purposes, ensuring that it is embedded for future projects.
- Ensure Company security, health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Educated to HNC (or equivalent) level minimum in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous working background within production management roles and a proven track record of managing the successful delivery of large scale engineering projects.
- Knowledge of submarine operations and maintenance would be advantageous.
- Previous Lean management experience would be desirable.
- Competence and experience in all aspects of people management, particularly performance management and resource management and allocation.
- Track record in successfully driving improvement in resource utilisation performance.
- Knowledge of resource planning tools, methodologies and systems.
- Commercial awareness and experience of budgetary management and financial control.
- Effective communication skills and competence in stakeholder / relationship management.
- Prepared to travel.
- Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week.
- 25 Days Holiday plus 8 Stats.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.