Our client is a UK leading provider of railway equipment operation and maintenance services. They now have a requirement at their York site for a Technical Clerk to join their team. The successful candidate will provide professional administrative support to the management and maintenance teams on the Rail Maintenance Engineering Contracts.
Although not essential, suitable candidates with a previous Armed Forces technical background (Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Army) would be of particular interest.
- Forward planning of maintenance events including material/spares.
- Inputting data into a Client owned Fleet Asset Management system (IBM Maximo) that will comprise of; raising work orders, spares, material requirements, processing/updating work orders with labour details and spares & materials used, closing out work orders on maintenance task completion, sequencing next planned activity when applicable.
- Identifying and sourcing spares, materials and consumables for all planned / unplanned works.
- Receive action and expedite requests from site supervisors and or client personnel for parts/materials.
- Establish effective communications and maintain a good & effective working relationship with the appropriate personnel employed by the Company, Client, the Client’s Procurement and or the Company’s Approved Suppliers.
- Liaise with client procurement to ensure parts / materials are stocked in a timely manner in line with the Fleet Maintenance plan.
- Progress/chase requisitions to Client Procurement/Approved Suppliers and monitor delivery schedules.
- Undertake physical stock audits to verify spares / materials have been received and that the quality & quantity are as specification / drawing.
- Keep abreast of monitoring / request systems to ensure that the necessary consumables levels are maintained at the various site locations.
- Prepare period KPI reports relating to performance, the use of spares, materials and consumable items.
- Develop and maintain period reports to identify trends, causal failures, and recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by line / functional management limited only by personal capabilities.
- Hold GCSE English, Mathematics and IT, grade C (or equivalent).
- Administration / Technical qualification of which an NVQ or NC in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering would be desirable.
- Proven track record in administration at a technical level, good IT skills with experience of practical engineering / ability to read & interpret technical drawings would be desirable.
- Possess a working knowledge of ISO 9002 Quality Systems and ISO 14000 Environmental Practice.
- IT Literate; databases and Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible attitude to tasks and job requirements.
- Demonstrate being able to simultaneously handle the pressure of dealing with a variety of tasks in a demanding environment.
- £Negotiable salary depending on skills and experience.
- 37 hours per week – Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm, Friday 8.30am – 4pm.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Opportunity to join a reputable and established company.