Our client is an established manufacturer of marine equipment. They provide equipment and engineering services to a range of sectors including the Oil and Gas industry worldwide. Due to continued expansion, they are now looking for a Field Service Engineer to join their team. Based from home the successful candidate will travel in the UK and overseas carrying out installation and maintenance of bespoke equipment. Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to work away for long periods to which all travel expenses will be covered and you will receive an allowances whilst working overseas. Candidates wishing to apply must be flexible in their approach to work and staying away from home.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity for candidates with an engineering background; mechanical or electrical with a good understanding of hydraulics systems. Candidates do not need any relevant experience as you will undergo comprehensive training in order to be competent with the company products. Although not essential, this position could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force.
- You will be required to travel extensively in the UK and worldwide which will involve frequent overnight stays to locations such as Brazil, Dubai, USA, Qatar, Spain, Nigeria, India, Holland, mainland Europe etc.
- Attend client sites and carry out maintenance and repairs to company products.
- Supervise/oversee installations from assembly through commissioning and final handover to the client.
- Prepare and write reports on jobs/projects and complete maintenance schedules.
- Liaise with customers regarding progress of work and best possible solutions to ensure that machinery is working to the best of its ability.
- Provide support to customers on site, including technical support and troubleshooting.
- Liaise with other engineers and also management, reporting back to the office update on the progress of projects.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Work in a safe manner ensuring compliance to Health & Safety regulations taking into account personal and colleague’s safety at all times.
- Mechanical or electrical engineering bias with relevant qualifications.
- Good understanding of hydraulics systems.
- Strong technical background with the ability to carry out fault finding, diagnostic and repairs of equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
- Physically fit with the ability to work at height.
- Flexible approach to travel and staying away from home.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Sound communicator.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Enjoy problem solving and have an interest in the company products.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- IT Literate
- Full clean driving licence.
- £Competitive Salary.
- Overtime available.
- Overseas Allowance.
- Mobile Phone, Laptop, Pool Car when working in the UK.
- Company Pension Scheme, Annual Bonus Scheme.
- All PPE and specialist equipment provided.
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days.
- Comprehensive product training provided.
- Opportunity to join an established and reputable company.