My client provides total facilities management solutions to a number of industries within both the private and public sectors throughout the majority of the UK. They are now looking for a Facilities Engineer/Supervisor to join their team at their site in Kettering. The successful candidate will provide responsive estates and maintenance, care, cleanliness and security of the premises – both internally and externally, so as to ensure a safe and satisfactory environment for all who use the premises and grounds.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be electrically biased with mechanical skills and experience previous experience within a facilities/buildings services role. Although not essential this could be well suited to candidates coming from an ex forces background i.e. Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and Army. Due to the nature of the role candidates must be willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
- Carry out skilled maintenance work and minor repairs such as general carpentry, plumbing, painting, re-glazing, unblocking sinks, changing locks, changing light bulbs, replacing tap washers, easing doors, to be undertaken without compromising the health and safety of the post holder or others.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules and using a handheld PDA if required.
- Report any accidents, trips, spills, hazards or near misses in accordance with procedures and guidance.
- Ensure that areas of work (workshops etc.) are at all times maintained in a health and safe manner.
- Pro-actively report any areas for repair as and when they are identified and/or notified.
- Supervise direct the work of specialist sub-contractors.
- Responsible for the completion and issue of Permit to Works.
- Undertake stock taking and reporting as required and maintain accurate records of stock levels.
- Review the asset list and PPM schedule as required and to follow up as instructed.
- Act as a Competent Person in areas in which the job holder is required to do so. Specifically, CP (LV), CP Air Conditioning; and acting as lead person for Legionella Awareness.
- Process purchase order request on the Company’s systems, in line with Company policy.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with site teams – including Project Co. and Service Users.
- Work effectively with all other internal and external teams.
- Attend monthly Monitoring Meetings and any others as required and appropriate.
- Be familiar with the Service Provision Agreement/Service Contract for the site.
- Hold an Electrical Engineering qualification.
- Experience within a supervisory/team leader role.
- Budgetary awareness.
- Proven experience within a facilities/buildings services environment.
- Familiar with Service Level Agreement and ability to deliver against the requirements of same
- Customer focused approach and the ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to motivate others
- Flexible approach to working hours – able to participate in an on call rota.
- IT literate.
- Hold full driving licence.
- Salary £Competitive.
- 37½ hours per week.
- AP Allowance (when appointed) £1,200 per annum.
- £100 per week on call allowance
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
- A fantastic opportunity to work for a highly progressive company with considerable scope to build on your existing experience.