Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer within the UK. They provide services to the aerospace, aviation, automotive and defence industries. Due to continued expansion they now require a Mobile Refrigeration Engineer to join our client’s team in Watford. The successful candidate will carry out installation, maintenance and repairs to a range of refrigeration equipment at customer sites UK wide as well as onsite manufacturing of our client’s equipment.
Although not essential, candidates coming from an (ex military) background i.e. Army, Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) career are encouraged to apply, especially those with refrigeration and an electro-mechanical background.
Please note: candidates must have a flexible approach in regards to working away from home and travelling as well as prepared to stay out overnight at short notice to carry out work at client’s sites nationwide including Northern Ireland, Scotland and North East England.
- Liaison with customers on site; maintenance, repairs and service to a range of products supplied by the company.
- Identify refrigeration, mechanical and electrical faults and carry out repairs including; pipe brazing. Be competent in pipe brazing to pipe and associated fittings and components.
- Carry out all service work without supervision.
- Install new components to ensure that machinery is working as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Provide accurate service documentation for site visits, maintain and manage van stock levels.
- Maintain regular contact with the Service Manager and ensure all service reports are completed and handed in on time.
- Ensure tools, parts refrigerant equipment etc are maintained in good condition and kept to a high standard to at all times and report and faulty items and those needing replacement are reported to management.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience of working as a Refrigeration Engineer within a commercial or industrial environment.
- Relevant qualification in refrigeration repair C&G 2079 Category 1 or NVQ 2 Refrigeration.
- Proven multi-skilled background with Mechanical and Electrical skills are essential for this role.
- Brazing and pipework experience is essential.
- Refrigeration electrics knowledge.
- Strong technical background.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Sound communicator.
- Excellent fault finding skills.
- Enjoy problem solving.
- Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible approach to work and travel.
- Must own basic hand tools.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Cascade experience.
- OTE £35K / £36K made up of overtime during working week.
- Company van, mobile phone and specialised tools provided.
- Mon – Fri – 8am to 5pm.
- 25 days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Overtime available.
- Travel expenses covered by client.
- Pension Scheme.
- Profit related annual bonus.