Our client is a well-established and leading global manufacturer of high quality products to their prestigious client base. They are now looking for a Maintenance Technician to join their team in their busy site in Sheffield, South Yorkshire. The successful candidate will ensure that plant and processes are capable of safely and consistently achieving throughput, quality and yield targets.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army (REME), Royal Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force (RAF) coming from an electrical/mechanical engineering background and have previously worked within a production / manufacturing role.
- Provide electrical and / or mechanical support within the department and to have direct responsibility for the maintenance of all items of plant.
- Ensure the correct volumes / quantity of material and/or finished goods are produced within the required timeframe, following the right safety procedures, respecting all relevant standards and policies and ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Promote the Engineering function by supporting and utilising the various skills available to achieve the best results. Maintain team momentum to provide adequate functional coverage to the operation at all times; also provide clear lines of communication.
- Maintain a safe working environment throughout the unit ensuring that potential hazards to people, plant and the Environment are identified that adequate control measures are implemented through risk assessment and appropriate control measures ensuring that the client’s safety policy is implemented. Develop a safe system of work. Include training and competence checking of blue collar and contractor personnel.
- Issue permits to work and vet method statements in accordance with the client’s safety procedures.
- Recommend and effect plant modifications for plant immobilisation procedures to ensure safe working practices, to improve plant availability, performance and quality.
- Assist in the training and development of placement students, apprentices and production operatives.
- Develop Engineering Management database to ensure secure historical data including work requests, completed work lists, preventative maintenance plans, budgetary control, plant availability and component failure rates. Promote the use of systems across the department and ensure that personnel are adequately trained.
- Be aware of all Health and Safety statutory requirements and ensure compliance for all activities.
- Provide engineering support to facilitate identification, development and implementation programmes for quality, yield and throughput to achieve business targets.
- Implement a preventative maintenance program utilising the latest condition monitoring technology – build resultant captured data into an engineering database to initiate remedial actions prior to failure.
- Control local engineering records to ensure plant modifications are recorded in a professional manner.
- Implement and adhere to the Department’s Environmental Management system (ISO14001) by maintaining current systems and introducing continuous improvement through targets and objectives.
- The successful candidate will ideally be educated to HNC Level in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong working background within an industrial / manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of electrical/mechanical/hydraulic/pneumatic engineering, with knowledge of plant and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety and Environmental legislation - Risk Assessment,
Permit to Work, Emergency Planning.
- Capable of carrying out contractor inductions.
- Knowledge of COSHH.
- Problem solver.
- IT Literate: MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and persistence.
- Strong business orientation.
- Salary £29,212 Per Annum.
- Overtime available for weekend working.
- Mon – Fri, 39 hours per week.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 stats).
- Pension Scheme.
- Healthcare Plan.
- Challenging and varied working environment.