Our client is a successful manufacturer of specialised plant equipment. They are now looking for a Workshop Technician to be based at their Service Centre in Slough, Berkshire.
UP TO £27,000 SALARY DOE, PENSION, DISCRETIONARY BONUS SCHEME, LIFE ASSURANCE, PPE, WORK WEAR, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 42.5 HOURS PER WEEK, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 BANK HOLIDAYS
Workshop Technician Responsibilities:
– Offer the best possible level of service support through cost effective technical solutions and repairs wherever possible.
– Complete all types of service repairs efficiently without compromising quality, following diagnostic paths.
– Liaise with the Service Centre Manager and Controllers and process all documentation including worksheets and time sheets correctly and within the required timeframe.
– Assist in the promotion of all parts and service when appropriate and assist in the control and reporting back of market intelligence, including highlighting any technical issues so details can be fed back to the factory as quickly as possible.
– Housekeeping of all elements including workshop, people and equipment is of the highest standard.
Workshop Technician Requirements:
– Hold a relevant Motor Vehicle/Automotive qualification (BTEC, City & Guilds, NVQ) or equivalent experience.
– Strong working background within a fast-paced workshop environment (Vehicle/Plant equipment is essential).
– Excellent customer service skills.
– Hydraulics and/or electrical qualifications would be advantageous.
Workshop Technician Benefits:
– £29,000 – £34,000 depending on experience.
– Monday – Friday: 42.5 hours per week.
– 25 days holiday plus 8 stats
– PPE, work wear.
– Pension scheme.
– Discretionary bonus scheme.
– Life assurance.
NOTE: My client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military background: Royal Navy, British Army (REME Vehicle Mechanic), Royal Air Force, with an automotive/motor vehicle engineering background would be of particular interest.