Our client is currently recruiting for a Workshop Engineer at their site in Buckingham, Buckinghamshire.
SALARY IS CIRCA £30,000, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, OVERTIME AVAILABLE
Workshop Engineer Responsibilities:
– The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with other engineers in a workshop environment to service, repair and refurbish mobile cranes and their associated equipment.
– Predominantly the work is mechanical but there will be some basic electrical working and testing of the equipment.
– Detailed inspections from initial arrival in workshop writing reports and completeness of cranes as received.
– Strip crane & pack certain parts ready for shipment to specialist sub-contractors.
– Maintain a log of shipments & subsequent return of parts ensuring they are satisfactory.
– Strip & refurbish hook-block, slew ring, control valve, hoist unit & slew unit.
– Manufacture new wiring harnesses & repair electrical junction boxes and limit switches.
– Assemble each 307m crane on a test rig & conduct specific tests.
– Maintain crane log books for each individual crane.
Workshop Engineer Requirements:
– You must have a strong mechanical engineering background and have experience with cranes or heavy plant equipment.
– Hold an NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
– Basic electrical and testing skills.
– Very health and safety conscious.
– Experience of winches, hoists, hydraulics and pneumatics.
– Flexible with regards to working overtime to cover busy periods.
Workshop Engineer Benefits:
– Circa £30,000 annual salary.
– Monday – Thursday 8am – 4.30pm & Friday 7.30am – 4pm.
– 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
– Option to join the private health scheme.
– Life Insurance and Group Income Protection.
– The company can also offer development for the right candidate.