Our client is currently recruiting for a Shift Engineer at their site in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The ideal candidate will have a background in dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance, ideally gained within a warehouse environment.
SALARY IS £41,718 WHICH INCLUDES SHIFT ALLOWANCE, 23 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, HEALTHCARE & STRUCTURED TRAINING PROGRAMME
You will be working a Continental shift pattern – Days (06:00 – 18:00) Nights (18:00 – 06:00)
Shift Engineer Responsibilities:
– Undertake breakdown maintenance of site automation as required.
– Planned Preventative Maintenance of equipment to the required standards.
– Complete breakdown reports and shift reports including any issues arising on shift.
– Liaise with operations to ensure workload is prioritised correctly.
– Undertake improvement, repairs and modifications.
– Assist in project installation work including cost reduction activities.
– Provide maintenance support on all aspects of the installed systems.
– Work within a team of site technicians and third-party repair companies on their activities on site.
Shift Engineer Requirements:
– Candidate must hold a relevant recognised electrical engineering qualification to a level of City and Guilds level 3/ NVQ level 3.
– NVQ Level 2 in Mechanical Engineering.
– Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
– Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
– Understanding of PLC’s and their function would be advantageous.
– Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge would be advantageous.
– Infrequent travel to Europe for product training.
Shift Engineer Benefits:
– Salary £41,718 including shift allowance.
– Shift Pattern: 42 hours per week, Continental shift pattern: Days (06:00 – 18:00) Nights (18:00 – 06:00).
– Pension scheme, Healthcare plan.
– Uniform and PPE provided.
– Structured Training programme.
– Opportunity to join a well-established company.