Are you an Ex-Military Vehicle Technician/Mechanic with Inspection experience? Are you looking to secure a new role with a client who recognise the value ex-military engineers can bring? They are now recruiting for a Senior Vehicle Technician to join their existing team who will are responsible for undertaking the service, maintenance, repair and MOT of a fleet of vehicles including HGV’s, specialist vehicles, cars, mini-buses, light commercial vehicles, associated plant and equipment.
SALARY £33,948 (RISING WITH LENGTH OF SERVICE), GENEROUS LEAVE ENTITLEMENT, EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTORY PENSION, PRIVATE HEALTHCARE + BENEFITS TO BE DISCUSSED AT INTERVIEW STAGE
Senior Vehicle Technician Responsibilities:
– Undertaking maintenance of the fleet, including third party vehicle and plant fleet maintenance in a safe and effective manner.
– Maintaining MOT testing standards (Class 4, 5 and 7) and undertake duties as MOT approved Trainer and Administrator.
– Provide roadside assistance when needed to recover damaged/broken-down vehicles/equipment using suitable equipment.
– Inspect and test vehicles and plant in accordance with legislation.
– Interpret and implement technical instructions for tasks undertaken.
– Manufacture and fabricate components, training will be provided.
– Ensure health and safety procedures are followed and adhered to.
Senior Vehicle Technician Applicant Requirements:
– The successful candidate must be educated to NVQ Level 3 in Automotive Engineering or equivalent.
– VOSA Accreditation and Nominated Tester (Class 4 to 7).
– LGV Cat C Licence (HGV 2).
– Strong technical background within a similar role.
– IT Literate.
Senior Vehicle Technician Benefits:
– £33,948 Salary – Rising with length of service.
– 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday Shifts between 6am – 9.30pm with rota’s weekends and bank holidays.
– Generous Leave Entitlement.
– Company pension plus private healthcare.