Demob Job Reference: J4094
Job Title: Safety Surveillance Systems Engineer
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
My client is currently recruiting for Safety Surveillance Systems Engineer in Belfast. The successful candidate will be based from home and will predominantly cover sites in Northern Ireland and will carry out the repair, maintenance and installation of radar, high power imagery and other transponder systems. Candidates must have access to their own vehicle and be willing to undergo security clearance.
SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, MILEAGE PAID FOR TRAVEL, MOBILE PHONE, LAPTOP, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS AND CHRISTMAS SHUTDOWN.
Safety Surveillance Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
– Attend customer sites and carry out preventative and reactive tasks within the agreed contractual obligations.
– Provide technical support and training to customers on the telephone.
– Maintain service and repair radar, high power imagery (CCTV) as well as other safety transponder systems. The systems are PC based on a TCIP/IP network which includes WLAN networks.
– Complete technical documentation including service reports.
Safety Surveillance Systems Engineer Requirements:
– Proven multi-skilled Electrical/Electronic bias with IT networking skills.
– Basic mechanical skills.
– Hold a relevant qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with proven service, maintenance and repair background.
– Software knowledge.
– Strong technical background with excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
– Ability to work at heights on fixed, temporary and natural fixtures.
– Flexible approach to travel and working hours.
– Full clean driving licence with access to own vehicle.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from an (ex-military) background i.e. Army (REME/Royal Signals/Electronics), Navy (Weapons) or Royal Air Force (RAF/Avionics), especially those with an electrical/electronic bias and IT skills.