Our client operates a successful business in the Construction/Civil Engineering sector. Due to continued expansion, they are looking to recruit a Pump Service Engineer at their site in Taunton, Somerset. They are keen on speaking with ex-military engineers with both mechanical and electrical skills with experience of working on pumps, particularly Royal Navy Marine Engineers.
COMPETITIVE SALARY, 45 HOUR WORKING WEEK MONDAY TO FRIDAY, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS, USE OF A COMPANY VEHICLE, LAPTOP AND SPECIALIST TOOLS PROVIDED.
Service Engineer Responsibilities:
– Liaise with customers on site and carry out the fault diagnosis, repair, maintenance and installation on a range of sewage treatment and water pumping systems.
– Performance monitoring of sewage treatment and water pumping systems.
– Prepare reports of service activities.
– Commissioning of completed installations with relevant documentation.
Service Engineer Requirements:
– Mechanical bias with electrical skills.
– Hold 18th Edition Wiring Regulations – Desirable.
– Proven experience of working on pumps.
– Must be technically minded with good problem-solving skills.
– Able to work on own initiative.
– IT literate
– Full driving licence.