Are you an ex-military engineer with a Communications Engineering background in aviation, in particular airfield systems? Our client is particularly keen to hear from candidates with this background, they are recruiting for a Project Engineer (Aviation). The successful candidate will provide technical expertise throughout the proposal phase and will undertake the creation, documentation and execution of testing, system installation and commissioning providing user training and support. The role is predominantly based at my clients’ site in Leicestershire, however there will the requirement to travel to customer sites.
COMPETITIVE SALARY, 23 DAYS HOLIDAY RISING WITH SERVICE UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 27 DAYS PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, MOBILE PHONE, LAPTOP, PPE, ALLOWANCES WHEN STAYING AWAY FROM HOME OVERNIGHT, PERFORMANCE RELATED BONUS.
Project Engineer (Aviation) Responsibilities:
– Technically lead the infrastructure design and build of project-based solutions, drawing on the expertise of others when required.
– Support sales in the review and writing of tender response in terms of the company’s hardware and software technical compliance.
– Create project specific documentation that includes but not limited to detailed system design drawings, technical manuals, testing documentation and training materials.
– System and solution build, test, installation, commissioning and training.
– Undertake software programming of company equipment.
– Attend meetings with clients and customers to deliver technical presentations and solutions.
– Undertake travel away on Company business when required, including overnight stops in the UK and overseas. Travel, when allowed could be up to 20% of your time.
Project Engineer (Aviation) Requirements:
– Experience of the infrastructure design of technical solutions.
– Proven background within a project environment.
– Experience with design software packages; Microsoft Visio, AutoCAD, Solid Works.
– A background and experience with the infrastructure design of a wide variety of communications types, Direct RS232/422/485, radio, mobile, IoT, ethernet, Satellite.
– Excellent communications skills with a strong customer focus.
– IT Literate
– Full Driving Licence.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military background, particularly those with communications experience associated with airfield systems (RADAR).