Are you looking for a Network Support Engineer role with plenty of variety in your work within the military sector? Our client is an established manufacturer of specialist communications equipment and are looking to recruit a Network Support Engineer to be based in Redhill, Surrey. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing 2nd line network support to customers relating to land and maritime communications.
Due to the nature of their business you will also have to undergo a high level of DV security clearance therefore you must be prepared to go through the relevant checks.
£NEGOTIABLE SALARY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9AM – 5.30PM, ON CALL ALLOWANCE, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATS, COMPANY PENSION AND PRIVATE HEALTHCARE.
Network Support Engineer Responsibilities:
– Provide 2nd line customer support for network issues relating to all Land/Maritime customers.
– Update network devices.
– Fault find local and remote basic network faults.
– Review security and network logs.
– Provide routine testing of systems for correct operation.
– Provide network backups from a mixture of devices (CISCO/JUNIPER etc).
Network Support Engineer Applicant Requirements:
– You must have a proven background as a Network Engineer within the Government / MoD sector.
– Ideally have knowledge of satellite communications or tactical communications systems.
– Experience with Mini-Catapan.
– Cisco CCNA or equivalent experience.
– Firewall experience (ASA/Juniper).
– Ability to obtain DV Clearance.
Network Support Engineer Benefits:
– £negotiable basic salary depending on experience.
– On call allowance plus overtime paid.
– Pension Scheme and Private healthcare.
– 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days.
– Opportunity to join an established and reputable company.
NOTE: Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force and have proven experience as a Network Support Engineer.