Our client is currently recruiting for a Shift Engineer at their site in Leicester, Leicestershire. The ideal candidate will have a background in dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance, ideally gained within a warehouse environment.
SALARY CIRCA £33,000, 23 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, HEALTHCARE & STRUCTURED TRAINING PROGRAMME
Double Days – shifts consist of 6am – 2pm and 2pm – 10pm, Monday to Friday
Shift Engineer Responsibilities:
– Undertake breakdown maintenance of site automation as required.
– Planned Preventative Maintenance of equipment to the required standards.
– Complete breakdown reports and shift reports including any issues arising on shift.
– Liaise with operations to ensure workload is prioritised correctly.
– Undertake improvement, repairs and modifications.
– Assist in project installation work including cost reduction activities.
– Provide maintenance support on all aspects of the installed systems.
– Work within a team of site technicians and third-party repair companies on their activities on site.
Shift Engineer Requirements:
– Candidate must hold a relevant recognised electrical engineering qualification to a level of City and Guilds level 3/ NVQ level 3.
– You must also have strong mechanical skills however the role is more electrically biased.
– Multi skilled engineering background.
– Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
– Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams.
– Understanding of PLC’s and their function would be advantageous.
– Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge would be advantageous.
– Infrequent travel to Europe for product training.
Shift Engineer Benefits:
– Salary Circa £33,000.
– Shift Pattern: Double days alternating between 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm
– Pension scheme, Healthcare plan.
– Uniform and PPE provided.
– Structured Training programme.
– Opportunity to join a well-established company.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force with electrical engineering/multi skilled backgrounds.