Are you an ex-military candidate with a mechanical bias? Are you looking to secure a field-based role and work for a well-established client who can offer a fantastic benefits package? Our client is recruiting for a Mobile Service Engineer to be based from home and attend customer sites in Preston, Lancashire and the surrounding area.
SALARY £29,000 – £34,000 DOE, COMPANY VEHICLE, FUEL CARD, MOBILE, PPE, WORK WEAR, IPAD, SPECIALIST TOOLS, PENSION, DISCRETIONARY BONUS SCHEME, LIFE ASSURANCE, TRAINING, OVERTIME & TRAVEL EXPENSES
Mobile Service Engineer Responsibilities:
– Complete service repairs in the most efficient manner, to the highest standards.
– Ensure all customers are kept fully aware of developments in a timely manner.
– Prepared to work offsite under own supervision following safe working practices at all times.
– Arrive at customer sites on time (contact the relevant people immediately if delays occur).
– Overnight stays may occur on occasion when long distances are involved.
– Maintain full communication with the Service Centre and provide regular updates.
– Maintain accuracy of part stocks on the van to ensure their movement is controlled.
– Process all paperwork (worksheets, weekly time sheets) in a timely and legible manner.
Mobile Service Engineer Requirements:
– Hold a relevant level 3 qualification (BTEC, City & Guilds, NVQ) in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering.
– Vehicle mechanic background or similar.
– Strong mechanical engineering background with electrical and hydraulic skills.
– Ability to use electronic diagnosis equipment.
– Full UK driver’s license.
– Flexible approach to work regarding travel, occasional nights away and early starts.
– Provide own basic tools.
Mobile Service Engineer Benefits:
– Salary £29,000 – £34,000 depending on experience.
– Overtime Available.
– Travel Expenses.
– Company vehicle and fuel card.
– Mobile, PPE, Work Wear, IPAD, Specialist Tools.
– Pension Scheme.
– Discretionary Bonus Scheme.
– Life Assurance.
– Training Provided.
NOTE: My client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military background: Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force, with a vehicle mechanic or similar background.