Our client in East Grinstead, West Sussex is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Service Engineer to join their existing team.
You will be carrying out the maintenance, installation and commissioning of our client’s engineering solutions associated with the marine industry across the UK, Europe, Middle East Africa so you must be prepared to work away from home Monday to Friday depending on your destination.
IN RETURN FOR YOUR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING SKILLS YOU WILL RECEIVE A £COMPETITIVE SALARY PLUS CAR ALLOWANCE, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATS RISING TO 25 AFTER 4 YEARS, COMPANY PENSION & BUPA SCHEME AVAILABLE
– Strong mechanical engineering background.
– You must be qualified to NVQ Level 3 or above in Mechanical Engineering.
– Experience with pumps, diesel engines, generators, seals, cylinders and hydraulics.
– Some electrical skills would be advantageous, i.e reading schematic diagrams and isolating electrical faults or replacing electrical components.
– Full driving licence.
– Willingness to work away from home during the week.
– Must have some strong fault finding and rectification skills.
– Ideally the successful candidate will have a marine engineering background from the Royal Navy or equivalent.