Our client provides total facilities management solutions to a number of industry sectors within both the private and public sectors throughout the majority of the UK. They are now recruiting for a Maintenance Plumber at their site in Surbiton, Surrey. The successful Maintenance Plumber will provide PPM and reactive maintenance tasks across accommodation blocks situated within a University Halls of Residence. Due to the nature of the role candidates must be willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
SALARY IS COMPETITIVE, ON CALL ALLOWANCE, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME.
Maintenance Plumber Responsibilities:
– Carry out plumbing repairs such as replacing tap washers, unblocking sinks, changing radiator valves, heating cylinders, shower pumps etc. as well as general maintenance of the site.
– Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules using a handheld PDA.
– Ensure at all times that work is carried out with full attention to health and safety policies and procedures.
– Be prepared to work as part of an on-call rota.
Maintenance Plumber Requirements:
– Proven plumbing maintenance background with a relevant time served apprenticeship.
– GAS Safe registered would be advantageous.
– Ability to carry out minor general maintenance and repairs.
– IT Literate.
– Hold a full UK driving licence.
– Please note due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to undergo DBS checks.
Maintenance Plumber Benefits:
– Competitive salary.
– Callout Allowance – £100 per week on call.
– Monday to Friday – 37½ hours – 8am – 4.30pm and every 1 in 3 weeks 10.30am – 7pm.
– 20 days annual leave (plus 8 stats).
– Pension Scheme.
– Free onsite parking.