Our client provides total facilities management solutions within both the private and public sectors throughout the UK. They are now recruiting for a Maintenance Plumber at their site in Gravesend, Kent. The successful Maintenance Plumber will provide PPM and reactive maintenance tasks across two healthcare sites. Due to the nature of the role candidates must be willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
SALARY IS COMPETITIVE, ON CALL ALLOWANCE, AP ALLOWANCE WHEN APPOINTED £1,200 PER ANNUM 20 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME.
Maintenance Plumber Responsibilities:
– Carry out plumbing repairs such as replacing tap washers, unblocking sinks, changing radiator valves, heating cylinders, shower pumps etc. as well as general maintenance of the site.
– Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules using a handheld PDA.
– Carry out minor general maintenance and repairs such as general carpentry, plumbing, painting, re-glazing, unblocking sinks, changing locks, changing light bulbs, replacing tap washers, easing doors.
– Ensure that work is carried out with full attention to health and safety policies and procedures.
– Be prepared to work as part of an on-call rota.
Maintenance Plumber Requirements:
– Proven plumbing maintenance background with a relevant time served apprenticeship.
– Ability to carry out minor general maintenance and repairs.
– IT Literate.
– Hold a full UK driving licence.
– Please note due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to undergo DBS checks.
Maintenance Plumber Benefits:
– Competitive salary.
– Callout Allowance – £100 per week on call.
– AP Allowance – when appointed £1,200 per annum.
– Monday to Friday – 37½ hours – 8am – 4.30pm.
– 20 days annual leave (plus 8 stats).
– Pension Scheme.