Our client provides total facilities management solutions within both the private and public sectors throughout the UK. They are now recruiting for a Maintenance Plumber at their site in Bury St Edmunds. The successful Maintenance Plumber will provide PPM and reactive maintenance tasks. Due to the nature of the role candidates must be willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
SALARY IS COMPETITIVE, ON CALL ALLOWANCE – £100 PER WEEK ON CALL, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 37½ HOURS
Maintenance Plumber Responsibilities:
– Carry out plumbing repairs such as replacing tap washers, unblocking sinks, changing radiator valves, heating cylinders, shower pumps etc. as well as general maintenance of the site.
– Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules using a handheld PDA.
– Carry out minor general maintenance and repairs such as general carpentry, plumbing, painting, re-glazing, unblocking sinks, changing locks, changing light bulbs, replacing tap washers, easing doors.
– Ensure that work is carried out with full attention to health and safety policies and procedures.
– Be prepared to work as part of an on-call rota, every 1 in 3 weeks.
Maintenance Plumber Requirements:
– Proven plumbing maintenance background with a relevant time served apprenticeship.
– Ability to carry out minor general maintenance and repairs.
– IT Literate.
– Hold a full UK driving licence.
– Please note due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will need to undergo DBS checks.
NOTE: Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force.