Our client provides total facilities management solutions to several industry sectors within both the private and public sectors throughout the majority of the UK. They are now recruiting for a Maintenance Manager/Deputy FM to join their team at their site in Gravesend, Kent. Due to the nature of the role, the successful Maintenance Manager/Deputy FM will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, AP ALLOWANCE WHEN APPOINTED, COMPANY PENSION SCHEME, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS.
Maintenance Manager/Deputy FM Responsibilities:
– Resolve with the site team any failings of PPM which require addressing.
– Ensure the PPM Management System is maintained and updated to reflect any changes.
– Carry out quality audit of all services delivered to site – implementing corrective action plan as required.
– Provide technical advice to the onsite team, including management of PPM and reactive tasks.
– Assist Senior Managers with the co-ordination of Service Contracts for the site to ensure value for money along with regulatory, statutory and contractual obligations.
– Effectively manage the maintenance team on site to ensure cost effective delivery of service and implement cost efficiencies where possible.
– Draft and manage site maintenance budgets, offering cost efficiencies and increased profitability where possible.
– Understand expenditure allocation and ensure invoices / works are correctly apportioned.
– Manage reports from Helpdesk and report / act on their results.
– Regular liaison with site occupiers / Service User.
– Ensure PPM system operationally ‘performs’ as per the requirements of the site and the site is maintained and serviced to the correct standard to maintain asset value and statutory compliance.
– Ensure that all on site activities are correctly managed and controlled to ensure zero unplanned downtime to either Service User or business operations.
– Respond to changes in Service User requirements as agreed via the appropriate authorisation process.
– Carry out small works costing and management as required.
– Maintain the fixed asset register of all plant, building services and any associated equipment services.
– Manage the purchase of supplies and stores, materials, spares, and contracted out services to ensure they are undertaken in the most economic and competitive manner, consistent with the company’s policies and procedures.
Maintenance Manager/Deputy FM Requirements:
– The successful candidate will hold electrical or mechanical qualifications.
– Proven experience within a similar role.
– Hold IOSH Managing Safely.
– Familiar with Service Level Agreements and ability to deliver against the requirements of same
– Knowledge of building and information management systems.
– IT literate.
– Hold full driving licence.
– Working knowledge of management systems, including ISO 9001 and 14001.
Maintenance Manager/Deputy FM Benefits:
– £Negotiable annual salary.
– AP Allowance when appointed.
– Callout Allowance – £100 per week on call.
– 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
– Monday to Friday – 37½ hours per week; between core hours of 8am – 6pm.
– Company pension scheme.