Due to continued investment and expansion, our client is now recruiting for an electrically biased Maintenance Engineer at their site in Lancaster. The successful candidate will be responsible for planned preventative and reactive maintenance along with continuous improvement activities on site.
Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
- Undertake planned preventative maintenance to machinery and plant.
- Respond to reactive breakdowns, carry out fault finding and diagnostics of electrical machinery.
- Respond to any emergency callouts, including participating in a 1 in 4 week out of hours callout rota.
- Assist with improvements and any modifications to machinery and equipment.
- Support any installation of new equipment on site.
Maintenance Engineer Requirements:
- Must have an electrical engineering background and hold a recognised qualification.
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical engineering diagrams.
- Flexible approach regarding participating in on call pattern which covers out of hours and weekends.
Maintenance Engineer Benefits:
- Competitive Salary.
- Monday to Friday – shifts are 6am – 2pm and 2pm – 10pm.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Occupational health scheme.
- Subsidised legal services, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force with electrical engineering bias.