Are you a military engineer with an electrical or mechanical multi-skilled background? Are you looking for a new career and settling in or close to Tilbury? This could be the ideal opportunity for you. My client has an immediate requirements for Maintenance Engineers at their site in Tilbury.
Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
- Carry out service and maintenance of engineering plant and machinery across multiple departments.
- Attend breakdowns and carry out electrical and mechanical fault finding and diagnostics ensuring equipment is in working order.
- Use of a pool van to travel across site.
Maintenance Engineer Requirements:
- Hold Level 3 in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering as a minimum.
- Experience of working within a heavy industrial environment.
- Electrical engineers will ideally have experience of working with PLC based systems.
- Able to read and interpret electrical and mechanical engineering diagrams.
- Experience of working with cranes – advantageous.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Hold a full clean driving licence.
Maintenance Engineer Benefits:
- Salary is £43,599 plus £3,021 shift allowance.
- Rotating shift pattern – 35 hours over a 5 week period (further details on application).
- Overtime available.
- Generous pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidate from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force.