Our client based in Middlesbrough, Cleveland now has an immediate requirement for a Lifting Equipment Technician to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for visiting customer sites to carry out inspection, service, repair and test of all rigging and lifting equipment.
£24,000 – £30,000 STARTING SALARY, MONDAY TO FRIDAY 7.45am – 4pm, EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTORY PENSION, ANNUAL BONUS SCHEME, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY PER YEAR PLUS BANK HOLIDAYS
Lifting Equipment Technician Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for visiting customers sites to carry out inspections, service, repair and test of all rigging and lifting equipment in accordance with in-house procedures and LOLER regulations.
- Work with various lifting equipment including chain slings, wire rope slings, webbing slings, shackles, chainblocks, pull lifts, tirfors, hydraulic jacking equipment and lifting beams.
- Assembly of new lifting equipment including chain slings and wire rope slings.
- Control of lifting equipment hire plant (booking in/out, inspection and maintenance).
- Complete all the relevant paperwork and certification to ensure that all regulations are followed very closely.
Lifting Equipment Technician Applicant Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have a strong engineering background and be experienced with lifting equipment.
- Experience with plant equipment such as excavators, vehicle mounted lifting or similar equipment.
- Strong mechanical / electrical engineering skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging targets.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force and have a Lift Engineering background or similar i.e Marine Engineer, Aircraft Engineer, Ground Support Engineer or similar.