Are you leaving the military and looking for a new career where a company will invest in you? Are you happy to work away from home Monday to Friday in return for expanding on your existing engineering skills?
Our client champions the skills of ex-military and are looking for more engineers heading into 2021, if you are looking for a genuine career opportunity then this company can offer you ongoing training and progression with regular increases in salary throughout their tailored training programme that will be specific to you and your skills.
They have a current opening for a Junior Field Service Engineer based in Bradford, West Yorkshire. Working in a two-person team, you will share a company van and travel around the UK to client’s sites carrying out testing, maintenance, installation and commissioning of engineering solutions associated with power generation.
Although it is not essential, we are particularly interested to hear from candidates who have previously served in the Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force and have strong mechanical / electrical skills.
– You must have a strong engineering background, either mechanically biased or electrically biased.
– Hold a recognised engineering qualification – NVQ Level 2 or above.
– Must have knowledge of pumps, pipework, motors, generators, hydraulics and pneumatics.
– Full driving licence.
– Willingness to work away from home during the week.
– Team player who wants to learn new skills.
– Be capable of obtaining a high level of security clearance.
– £25,750 starting salary, rising to £30,000 after full training.
– Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm.
– 28 days annual holiday per year.
– Company pension plus other benefits to be discussed at interview stage.
– Opportunity to build and grow as an engineer along with career progression.