I’m excited to be working with a company who have become a market leader in the commercial and clinical sector. My client is now looking for an experienced HGV Mechanic to join their expanding team in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. The successful candidate must be a qualified mechanical engineer with electrical understanding.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative, family-run business who are at the forefront of the industry, continually evolving to ensure that their work is environmentally friendly, whilst maintaining efficiency. The successful HGV Mechanic will be responsible for working as part of a team to repair and maintain the company’s fleet of HGV and LGVs, you will become an integral part of the team as these vehicles are the heartbeat of the business.
HGV Mechanic Requirements:
- The successful candidate must have an NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Hold a strong Mechanical Engineer / Hydraulic or Pneumatic Engineer / Fitter background.
- Basic electrical knowledge for fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Holding a current HGV/LGV Class 2 minimum licence and digital tachograph card would be advantageous.
- Ideally will have completed 35 hours’ driver CPC and hold a valid CPC card.
- Strong awareness of health and safety procedures.
HGV Mechanic Benefits:
- Attractive salary of £47,500.
- Alternating shift patterns, Monday to Friday. (Week 1: 05:30 – 14:30, Week 2: 08:30 – 17:30. Alternating Saturdays from 05:30 – 10:30).
- 23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, option to purchase more.
- Opportunity for overtime.
- Company pension scheme with Life Insurance cover.
- Rewards and shopping discount schemes.
- Discounted gym memberships.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Employee well-being plans.