Are you an ex-military Flight Operations Assistant looking for a new challenge? Due to expansion, our client is now recruiting for a Flight Operations Assistant at their site in Oxford. The successful candidate will ensure safe and efficient delivery of the daily flight planning programme for all aircraft and simulator sorties whilst working closely with student pilots who require experienced guidance as they undertake flying training.
SALARY £25,000, SHIFT PATTERN INCLUDING EVENING & WEEKEND WORK (NO NIGHTSHIFTS), 25 DAYS HOLIDAY, PENSION SCHEME, OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN AN EXPANDING BUSINESS.
Flight Operations Assistant Responsibilities:
– Liaise with Air Traffic Control as required to achieve the flying programme and manage the maintenance schedule for each aircraft.
– Coordinating planned maintenance activities such as scheduled servicing and liaising with maintenance teams.
– Scheduling of all aircraft and simulator sorties and briefing sessions on the flying programme in accordance to EASA training requirements and Instructor availability.
– Process Instructor duty and rest records in accordance the operations manual.
– Ensure adherence of the flying programme to relevant regulations and operational procedures.
– Maintain continuous and accurate status of aircraft positions and technical status.
– Maintain up-to-date awareness of actual and forecast weather situations enroute and the serviceability of essential enroute and terminal facilities affecting the operated route.
– Assist in the completion and submission of flight plans to achieve the flying programme.
– Initiate remedial actions in the case of potential or actual disruptions in order to keep or bring back the fleet to the initial schedule programme.
– Initiate emergency procedures in case of accidents or incidents involving aircraft or personnel.
– Liaise with Airport Operations to ensure efficient delivery of planned flying programme including organising refuelling of aircraft, managing aircraft movements ensuring required aircraft are ready to fly and hangered at the end of the day.
Flight Operations Assistant Requirements:
– Flight planning and operational experience is essential for this role.
– Sound knowledge of national and international aviation regulations.
– IT Literate: MS Office and FlightLogger.
– Strong organisational skills.
– Flexible approach to working hours.
Flight Operations Assistant Benefits:
– Salary £25,000 per annum.
– Shift pattern 7am – 10.30pm Monday – Sunday.
– 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays.
– Pension scheme.