Our client is a leading manufacturer of filter systems for the food & beverage, automotive and Industrial plants across the UK and overseas. Due to continued expansion our client is now looking for a Field Service Technician to be based from home covering the Worcester, Bristol, Gloucester, Telford and Bridgend areas. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out installation, maintenance and repair to a variety of company products.
Please note that this role does involve extensive travel across the Midlands, South West and Wales so you must be prepared for occasional overnight stays, around 2 – 3 per month. You will benefit from an overnight allowance and all expenses will be paid for hotel, food and drinks.
SALARY £28,000 – £30,000, COMPANY VAN, EXTRA MONEY FOR OVERNIGHT ALLOWANCE, BONUS SCHEME, EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTORY PENSION, HEALTHCARE, 26 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 BANK HOLIDAYS, MOBILE, UNIFORM, TOOLS AND PPE PROVIDED.
Field Service Technician Responsibilities:
– The successful candidate will be responsible for visiting customer sites to install, maintain and repair filter systems.
– Manage projects and make recommendations.
– Provide onsite technical support services.
– Collect and analyse data.
– Be responsible for managing stock and logistics on site, including raising purchase requisition orders and stock control.
– Liaising with internal and external contacts.
– Production of documentation, including in depth technical reports, following visits and as required by the customer and internally.
– Control of health, safety and environmental issues and documentation on site.
Field Service Technician Applicant Requirements:
– The successful candidate must have some sort of craft apprenticeship or equivalent (City & Guilds in Mechanical / Fitting or equivalent).
– Must have a strong ‘hands on’ background with mechanical work.
– Working background of filters would be highly advantageous.
– Strong report writing skills.
– Excellent customer service skills.
– Ability to work on own.
– Sound communicator.
– Flexible with regards to the travel and occasional overnight stays.
– Hold Full UK Driving Licence.
Field Service Technician Benefits:
– £28,000 – £30,000 basic salary.
– 40 hours per week working 5 days over 7, can include occasional weekend working but would receive a day off in lieu for any day worked.
– 26 days plus 8 bank holidays.
– Employer contributory pension plus health care.
– Company performance and personal performance bonus scheme.
– Company van and all expenses paid for any overnight stays plus an overnight allowance.
– Mobile, uniform, PPE provided.
– Opportunity to join a very reputable company.