Our client is a leading manufacturer of electro-mechanical machinery. Due to continued expansion my client is now looking for a Field Service Engineer in Basingstoke, Hampshire you will be based from home and carry out various worldwide travel. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out commissioning and installation of our clients’ complex machines. There will be full product training provided however a strong Electronics / Electrical Engineering background is essential.
Please note this is job includes extensive worldwide travel up to 60% of the time, location will vary but the general time away from home is 1-2 weeks at a time, upon returning to the UK there will be time off for rest and recuperation and when not overseas you will be based from home either travelling to the office or carrying out commissioning / installation jobs in the UK.
For the first 6 months you will be required to undergo training which will involve your working week being at their factory in Basingstoke. Once you have received full training you will then start with UK travel then worldwide travel.
Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
– The successful candidate will be required to travel worldwide which will involve frequent overnight stays to locations such as China, South Africa, Slovakia, Poland, Korea and Egypt as well as any other locations required by the customer.
– Attend breakdowns and fault find by stripping down machines to component level.
– Identifying faults and repairing a wide variety of electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment.
– Liaise with customers.
– Report back to office via telephone and keep informed with the progress.
– You will also be required to use a wide variety of testing equipment like oscilloscopes.
– Working to tight deadlines.
– Liaise with other engineers and management.
– Order new parts and then install them.
– Advise customers on best possible solutions to ensure that machinery is working to the best of its ability.
– Assist the spares department in the selling of spare parts.
– When back in the UK you may be required to attend the office in Basingstoke, Hampshire.
– You will be required to de-brief or if there are any issues you may be required to consult other staff such as design engineers to come up with a positive solution for the customer.
Field Service Engineer Applicant Requirements:
– The successful candidate must be educated to NVQ Level 3 / HNC / HND level in Electrical / Electronic Engineering and have demonstrable experience within a ‘hands on’ engineering role.
– Strong technical background within a similar role.
– Electrical / Electronic and Mechanical skills are essential for this role.
– Ability to fault find discreet electronics such as resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, chips, transformers, thyristors, transistors, water cooling systems, electric motors, pumps, gearboxes and rollers.
– You must be flexible as this role involves the majority of work being overseas and when at home you will need to be able to commute into the office if needed. Travel could be anywhere from 1-2 weeks away up to a maximum of 6 weeks depending on the needs of the customer but all expenses are paid for by the company.
– Proven Multi – Skilled Engineering background.
– Proven knowledge of hydraulics, gearboxes and electronic circuit boards.
– Excellent customer service skills.
– Ability to work on own.
– Sound communicator.
– Able to use own initiative.
– Enjoy problem solving.
– Able to work and remain calm under pressure.
– Familiar with programmable logic controllers (PLC’s)
Field Service Engineer Benefits:
– £Competitive Salary.
– 25 days plus 8 stats holiday plus extra additional leave for rest and recuperation.
– Employer contributory pension.
– Mobile plus laptop and test equipment.
– Company work-wear provided.
– Car Allowance, Overseas Allowance plus Overtime Allowance.
– Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
NOTE: Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force and who have a strong electrical/electronics engineering background i.e Royal Navy Weapons Engineer, Avionics Engineer, REME Electronics Technician or similar.