Are you an ex-military candidate with a mechanical bias? Are you happy to travel both the UK and Worldwide? Would you like a new challenge with plenty of variety in work? Our client is recruiting for a Field Service Engineer to be based from home and attend customer sites both in the UK and overseas to carry out installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment.
Ideal home locations include; Wakefield, Milton Keynes, Rugby, Wrexham, Carlisle and Scunthorpe
PLEASE NOTE – This role does involve regular travel therefore you must be prepared to stay away from home Monday to Friday. All expenses are paid, travel, accommodation, and daily living allowance. In return for your flexibility and commitment you will be on a starting salary of Circa £40,000 but it will rise once you gain more experience in the role.
SALARY CIRCA £40,000, COMPANY VEHICLE, FUEL CARD, MOBILE, PPE, WORK WEAR, IPAD, SPECIALIST TOOLS, PENSION, DISCRETIONARY BONUS SCHEME, LIFE ASSURANCE, TRAINING, OVERTIME & TRAVEL EXPENSES
Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
– You will be responsible for travelling to customer sites attending a variety of different jobs from installation through to planned preventative maintenance, service and repair of equipment.
– Attend breakdowns on customer sites sometimes at short notice, fault find and investigate problems to rectify faults.
– Replace a variety of mechanical components such as seals, bearings, motors, pumps, pressure pipes and hoses.
– Liaise with customers to ensure the work is conforming to their health, safety and quality standards.
– Carry out test and inspection work.
– Working to tight deadlines.
– Liaise with other engineers and management.
– Order new parts and then install them.
– Advise customers on best possible solutions to ensure that machinery is working to the best of its ability.
Field Service Engineer Requirements:
– You must hold an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Engineering Maintenance or similar.
– Strong mechanical engineering background with electrical and hydraulic skills.
– Must have experience of Fault finding, stripping down and replacing mechanical components.
– Full product training will be provided.
– Full UK driving licence.
– Flexible approach to work regarding travel and regular nights away.
Field Service Engineer Benefits:
– Circa £40,000 starting salary.
– Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
– 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
– Travel Expenses.
– Pool vehicle/mileage allowance and fuel card.
– Mobile, PPE, Work Wear, IPAD, Specialist Tools.
– Pension Scheme.
– Training Provided.
NOTE: My client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military background: Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force, with an Aircraft Technician, Marine Engineer, Vehicle Mechanic or similar background.